Terms & Conditions
Terms of Sale
1. General Information
- Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before ordering any goods and/or services from the NPHC Website. You should understand that by ordering any of our goods and/or services, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
- By ordering any goods and/or services on the NPHC you accept these Terms.
2. Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms the following definitions apply unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Cooling-off Period” means in the case of the purchase of services, the 5 working day period commencing on the day following the day NPHC accepts Your Order and, in the case of the purchase of goods, the 5 working day period commencing on the day following the day on which you receive the goods.
- “Business Customer” means any purchaser who is not a consumer;
- “Consumer” means any natural person who, when placing an Order, is acting for purposes which are outside his or her trade, business or profession.
- “Event” any training course or event offered by NPHC.
- “NPHC” means Northern Powerhouse Consulting LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 09850513 whose registered office is at 12 Manor Park Way, Lepton, Huddersfield HD8 0AJ.
“NPHC Website” means the website with the URL of www.northernpowerhouseconsulting.co.uk.
- “Order” means an order for goods and/or services which is subject to these Terms.
- “you”, “your” means the customer detailed on the order
3. Placing an Order
- The appearance of the goods or services on our Website is an invitation to you to make an offer to purchase them by placing an order with NPHC. To place your order, please follow the steps set out on the NPHC Website.
- Where your email address has been provided on the Order NPHC will acknowledge receipt of your Order. Please note that such an acknowledgement does not mean that your order has been accepted.
- Acceptance will take place and be deemed complete and effectively communicated to you on the earlier of: a) the date of any confirmation email sent by NPHC; b) despatch of the goods ordered; or c) delivery of the services ordered.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email we recommend that you first check your spam/junk box and then contact NPHC to confirm that your order has been received and processed.
- If following acceptance of an order, NPHC does not supply the goods or services to you for any reason, NPHC will not charge you for those goods or services and will refund any money already paid for them. However, NPHC will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses which you may suffer if it does not supply the Goods or Services.
4. Prices and Payment
- The prices payable for the goods and services (including any delivery charges) are as set out on the NPHC Website. All prices are stated in UK Pounds Sterling and are exclusive of any applicable sales tax, duty or VAT.
- Prices are liable to change at any time. Subject to clauses 5 and 10, such changes will not apply to Orders of which NPHC has already confirmed receipt.
- Whilst NPHC tries to ensure that the prices and descriptions of the goods and services shown on the NPHC Website are accurate at the time you place your order, mistakes may sometimes occur. If we discover a mistake in the price or description of the goods or services NPHC will contact you as soon as possible and give you the option to either re-order the goods or services at the correct price or description or to cancel your Order. If NPHC cannot contact you it will treat the Order as having been cancelled. If the Order is cancelled NPHC will not charge you for those goods or services and will refund any money already paid for them.
- NPHC must receive payment of the price of the goods or services in full and cleared funds before your goods or services are delivered. Payments must be by credit card or debit card unless otherwise agreed in writing.
5. Your cancellation of an Order
- NPHC cancellation policy varies depending on the type of goods or services purchased.
- You may cancel an Order for a place at an Event provided that notice of such cancellation is received no less than 21 days prior to the day of the event in which case we shall refund 50% of the event price to you. Unless otherwise specified, any cancellation notices received less than 21 days prior to the day of the event shall not be eligible for a refund.
- You may send a substitute attendee if the original attendee can no longer attend.
- Non-payment and/or non-attendance do not constitute valid cancellation and NPHC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to charge (and you agree to pay) the full Event price in such circumstances.
- If you are a Consumer you may cancel an Order placed via the NPHC Website at any time during the Cooling-off Period in which case you shall be entitled to receive a full refund of any course fee which has been paid. If there is less than 7 working days between the date NPHC accepts the Order and the date of the Event NPHC shall give you a full refund provided that the Order is cancelled no later than the day before the Event.
- Where more than one Event place is booked together each place may be cancelled individually to receive a pro-rata refund in accordance with clause 4.
- NPHC will automatically process an Order for downloadable documents before the end of the Cooling-off Period. As such an Order for downloadable documents may only be cancelled before the document has been prepared for you.
- If you are a Consumer please note that by submitting an Order for downloadable documents you agree to waive your right to the Cooling-off Period granted by the Consumer Contracts Regulations. Therefore, if you wish to cancel your order and receive a full refund, you must notify NPHC in writing before NPHC prepares the documents. Your other consumer rights are not affected.
7. Other goods or services
- If at any time after you have placed the order, you wish to cancel or amend it and you are not contracting as a Consumer, you should email or telephone us. NPHC shall not be obliged to accept any change or cancellation, but if NPHC does accept the change, it may be entitled to recover from you any unavoidable losses that NPHC suffers as a result of the change or cancellation and may charge you the price for the goods which is ruling as at the date of the variation (opposed to any price quoted as at the date of the Order).
- If you are contracting as a Consumer, unless you have ordered personalised goods, subject to clause 4.4.2, you may cancel an order we have accepted at any time during the Cooling-off Period. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the goods or services.
- You shall not be entitled to cancel an Order for services where you are contracting as a consumer if: (i) you have agreed that we may begin providing the services ordered prior to the expiry of the Cooling-off Period; and (ii) we have begun to perform any such services.
- Courses booked for Mental Health First Aid England and its produced will be confirmed in writing. Once confirmed by yourself we offer no refunds if you cannot attend, problems with your IT/WiFi problems. We will offer you one other place on a course.
8. General Provisions
- To cancel an order, you must inform us in writing.
- You must return any goods in respect of which an Order has been cancelled to NPHC immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, NPHC may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- If you cancel an order and do not return the goods to NPHC as required, NPHC may charge you its direct costs of recovering the goods.
Nothing in these Terms affects a consumer’s statutory rights. For more information regarding a consumer’s statutory rights please visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
9. Cancellation by NPHC
- NPHC reserve the right to cancel an Order which it has accepted if:
- NPHC encounters technical problems in delivering the goods or services; or
- the goods or services requested are no longer available;
- one or more of the goods or services you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in pricing information.
- If NPHC cancels an Order pursuant to clause 6., NPHC will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sums already paid by you to NPHC in accordance with clause 7. NPHC will not be liable for any compensation for disappointment or damages for any other loss suffered as a result of the cancellation.
- We will not refund any travel arrangements made due to any cancellation of events of courses.
- We will process all refunds due to you as soon as possible (and, in any event, where you are a Consumer, within 30 days of the date on which you notify us (or we notify you) of a wish to cancel).
- Refunds will usually be made using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase of the Goods.
The method of delivery varies depending on the type of goods or services purchased:
- Training courses & events
- NPHC will issue an email confirmation of a successful booking to the email address supplied on your Order as soon as possible following acceptance of the Order.
- NPHC aims to confirm a booking within 10 days of the date of your Order.
- Online Documents
- NPHC will deliver the documents (usually in either a word or pdf format) to the email addressed supplied on your Order as soon as possible following acceptance of the Order.
- If a course is booked within 7 days of a course being delivered we will provide Pdf copies to support learning and help with any self-learning activity. Hard copies will be delivered on payment but may arrive after the course has finished.
- NPHC aims to deliver the documents within 10 days of the date of Your Order. You should notify NPHC in writing at its contact address if you do not receive the documents within such 10-day period.
- Defective Goods or Services
- If you are a Consumer and have purchased personalised goods or, if you are a Business Customer and have purchased any goods, then you may only return them to NPHC if they are damaged or not substantially in accordance with your order specifications (“Defective Goods”). You may return any Defective Goods to us and we will, replace the Defective Goods or give you a full refund of the price actually paid and any delivery charges reasonably incurred in receiving and returning the Defective Goods PROVIDED THAT you return them within a reasonable period of time after the date that you received them.
- Nothing in these Terms affects a consumer’s statutory rights.
- If you receive Defective Goods you shall act reasonably when seeking redress and not incur any unnecessary costs. In particular you shall:
- report faults as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- look after the Defective Goods with due care.
- If you are a Consumer and have purchased services which in your opinion have not been performed in accordance with these Terms, then you may cancel the Order and, NPHC will either re-perform the defective services or, subject to NPHC own investigation substantiating your claim, give you a full refund of the price actually paid within 30 days of confirmation of your entitlement to a refund.
12. Additional terms relating to Events
NPHC cannot guarantee that your booking for an Event is secure until payment has been received from you in full.
- Unless otherwise stated, the price includes any materials and any refreshments provided by NPHC in respect of a particular Event.
- NPHC reserves the right to increase the price of an Event at any time prior to the day of the Event due to any factors beyond our reasonable control. NPHC shall provide you with as much notice as reasonably possible of any such increases in price.
- You shall be responsible for all of your attendees and will indemnify NPHC and keep NPHC indemnified against all losses, damages, costs and expenses awarded against, or suffered or incurred by NPHC or its suppliers as a result of the actions or omission of such persons.
- You shall provide NPHC with such co-operation and information as it may reasonably require in relation to your attendance at the Event, including without limit details of any special requirements (such as dietary or access requests) that you may have.
- NPHC shall inform you as soon as reasonably possible of any change to (for example, content, location or time) cancellation or postponement of an Event. Where an Event is cancelled or postponed NPHC will contact you to rearrange a new event and, if you are unable to attend the revised event, NPHC shall refund the price paid to you.
- The intellectual property rights (including, without limit, copyright and trademarks) arising out of or in relation to the Event (including, without limitation, any materials provided by NPHC) shall, as between NPHC and you, remain vested in NPHC. You shall not be entitled to copy or distribute any of our materials or content provided to you prior to or during the Event without our prior written consent.
NPHC warrants that:
- where you are a Consumer and purchase any goods from NPHC through the NPHC Website, such goods shall be of satisfactory quality or reasonably fit for purpose;
- where you are a Business Customer and purchase any goods from NPHC through the Website, such goods shall correspond with the description on the NPHC Website; and
- any services purchased from NPHC through the NPHC Website are performed with reasonable skill and care and correspond with the description on the NPHC Website.
- NPHC shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the goods where you have: (a) damaged the goods through your own activity or inactivity; (b) misused the goods and caused a fault (e.g. through the use of incompatible systems); or (c) attempted to repair the goods.
- NPHC uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that all the content provided in any documents purchased from NPHC is correct at the time of publication. The content is provided in the documents on an information basis only and should not be relied upon. No responsibility is accepted by NPHC for any errors, omissions, or misleading content in the documents.
- NPHC does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the content supplied in any documents purchased from NPHC. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SELECT THE CORRECT DOCUMENT FOR YOUR NEEDS. You should take legal advice regarding this if you are uncertain. Likewise, completion of any blanks or alternatives is entirely your responsibility.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you are a Business Customer and purchase goods or services from NPHC through the NPHC Website, NPHC does not warrant that the goods or services will be of satisfactory quality or reasonably fit for purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods and services fulfil your requirements. All conditions, warranties, stipulations and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Save as provided in clause 11.:
- NPHC total aggregate liability to you in respect of any goods or services purchased from NPHC through the NPHC Website (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or strict liability or otherwise howsoever arising) shall not exceed the total price payable by you to NPHC for such goods or services;
- NPHC will not be liable for any claim to the extent that it relates to loss of profits, loss of business, goodwill, business opportunity or anticipated savings, injury to reputation, third party losses or indirect, consequential or special loss or damage regardless of whether NPHC knew or had reason to know of the possibility of the loss or damage in question; and
- NPHC will not be liable for any delay in or failure to comply with its obligations (including, without limitation, a failure to provide an Event) to the extent that such failure results from circumstances beyond NPHC s reasonable control.
- In situation’s where there is a “Pandemic” situation we will work with the business to assist in alternative option or postponement
- Any events held on consumer premises will need to ensure the safety of delegates/visitors and appropriate risk assessments taking place before the event/training commences. This may include providing PPE/Sanitiser/taking on board any local powers or national emergency legislation. NPHC should be kept informed throughout the organisation of this.